We note below our advice to customers on servicing arrangements which include our regular requirements for mobile servicing together with advice specific to Covid-19. Generally these guidelines also apply to repair or inspection visits but can be discussed and amended as appropriate to the vehicle and situation.
COVID-19 is changing the way we work and we must ensure we work in a way which is fully compliant with the latest social distancing and government advice. Having conducted a risk assessment appropriate to our business, we have set out what actions need to be taken in carrying out our work in a safe manner.
Preparations for Our Arrival
- For the work to go-ahead, Sidewaulk Camper Care staff and members of the customer’s household will not have tested positive or be symptomatic of Covid-19.
- Caravan or Motorhome must be sited on a solid, level area with at least two metres of access all around the vehicle. If on a site not owned by the customer, permission must be obtained by the site owner for work to take place.
- Access to water must be provided and, if possible, a power supply.
- Remove all items in cupboards and lockers both to avoid the need for touching and allow ease of access for the engineer.
- The damp report will be limited to areas that the engineer can easily access without moving any obstructions.
- If easy to do so then upholstery should also be removed to allow freedom of movement and to reduce any contact by the engineer.
- Please allow space for our servicing van to be parked close to your vehicle so that it is not in a public area or can be taped off safely to avoid any contact or obstruction to members of the public.
On Arrival and During our Visit
- The customer should remain outside of the vehicle during the visit. If necessary to enter the vehicle while engineer present then face coverings should be worn by all parties.
- We will have a UV sterilisation box into which your keys can be placed.
- The vehicle will be spray-treated internally with Steri-7 disinfectant prior to work starting inside.
Paperwork, Payment and Vehicle Handover
- The servicing paperwork will require to be signed and, in case of wheel torques on a caravan, witnessed by the customer.
- The invoice will be printed and given to the customer for immediate payment.
- Payment can be made either by cheque, card or cash but preferably as an online bacs transfer.